Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Η Παλιά Εκκλησία της Αγίας Μαρίνας στο χωριό Πυργά - The old Agia Marina Church (Saint Marina) at Pyrga Village - Cyprus


Η Παλιά Εκκλησία της Αγίας Μαρίνας βρίσκεται στα νότια του χωριού. Είναι κτίσμα του 12ου αιώνα και διατηρεί θολωτή στέγη και νάρθηκα που προστέθηκε μεταγενέστερα.

Στο θόλο της διατηρούνται αρκετές μισοφθαρμένες τοιχογραφίες. Είναι από αυτή τη μεσαιωνική εκκλησία που πήρε το όνομα της η καινούργια εκκλησία της κοινότητας.

Σήμερα η εκκλησία της Αγίας Μαρίνας, επιδιορθώνεται με δαπάνες του τμήματος αρχαιοτήτων, της χωριτικής αρχής των Πυργών και δωρεές του Λεβέντειου Παρασκευαϊδειου κέντρου και άλλων πιστών.

Στο πίσω μέρος της εκκλησίας βρίσκεται η πρώτη πηγή του χωριού, από την οποία υδρευόταν όλο το χωριό στην παλιά εποχή. Το 1951 έγιναν υδατικά έργα και η υδατοπρομήθεια του χωριού διευκολύνθηκε από μια δεύτερη πηγή.
Πηγή http://www.pyrga.org/church_marina.shtm

The Old Church of St Marina is located in the south of the village. It was built in the 12 th century and retains a domed roof and a narthex (porch) that was added later on.

Several half worn-out frescoes are preserved in its dome. It is to this mediaeval church that community's new church owes its name.

Today the church of Agia Marina is being repaired, the expenses paid by the Antiquities Department, the Local Land Authority of Pyrga, and donations by the "Leventio Paraskevaidio" centre and other faithful.

In the church's rear side stands the village's first spring, through which the entire village was supplied with water in old times. In 1951 some water-supply projects were and the village's water supply was made easier by a second spring.
Πηγή http://www.pyrga.org/english/church_marina.shtm
Photos 6/3/2016 by George Konstantinou





No comments:

Post a Comment